the power of a smile...

image found on web

some of my favorite compliments involve a person's smile. mainly because i just think we all look better when we smile--and selfishly, it usually makes me smile--happiness is contagious. while in portland a couple of weekends ago i was having a coffee when this older gentleman, old enough to be my grandpa, sat next to me. i smiled and said hello. he looks back at me and says "you've got a smile that could light up this whole town" 
it caught me off guard and made me smile even more. to that kind soul--thank you. and to the few of you reading this--just remember that the power of your smile could be the only light someone sees during their day--so don't be afraid to smile-even when you don't feel like it. while it may feel forced at first - you may very well end up feeling better after- electric even--like you could light up an entire town. :)

Comments