john mellencamp-rumbleseat

i really don't know much about john mellencamp or listen to his music even, but my awesome co-worker who has been a ray of sunshine during some tough days at work sent me this the other day. she said she was driving home and heard this song and immediately thought of me. and i must admit, when i read the lyrics, i started crying. a good cathartic cry i think... secretly i do believe in myself...the part i struggle with most is reversing the learned pattern of putting myself down. i'm tired of it. and although i'm not exactly sure what a rumbleseat is...i like the idea of making my dreams come true...and i especially like the idea of becoming my own best friend instead of my own worst critic. i'm gonna turn my life around...


"Tomorrow is a new day
Gonna make these dreams come true
I'm gonna believe in myself
I'll tell you what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna stop puttin' myself down
I'm gonna turn my life around
I'll be ridin' high
With my feet kicked up in the rumbleseat"

picture i took of a an old bar stool-my take on a rumbleseat :)

Comments

  1. I like that quote too, Emilee. I have a lot of creative friends (happens when you get an advanced degree in something useless) and I just wish I could find jobs for all of us where we could be creative and happy. But that's for us to find on our own. I'm really trying to figure that out right now.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! I would ADORE myself if I were an Emilee : )

    I struggle with this a lot, too. Isn't it weird how there's a part of our culture that looks down on being happy with ourselves?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment