happy birthday eve

well, it's officially the day before my birthday. ever since i was a little kid i have loved my birthday. LOVED it...the kind of love that looks a lot like a teenage girl at a justin bieber concert; all giddy and ecstatic. what am i going to wear? like oh my gosh...maybe i should crimp my hair???


sometimes i feel against the grain regarding birthdays...as many people bemoan that it's just "another day" 
not me. perhaps it started when i was born a middle child...my birthday was the innocent bystander...the inanimate object to which i could place my strong desire to feel 'important'
in my head, it's always been a personal holiday. not because i take off work and actually go to a sunny beach sipping drinks that are shaded by umbrellas dancing amongst ice cubes. more so because it is a day where i get to think about how i was once a baby. pure and innocent. i  was supposed to be born in march, but i had other plans apparently. my mom likes to say that i had too much to say...couldn't wait another day. another shocker: she said i did cartwheels before i learned how to walk; shocking! ha ha.


as i get older, i appreciate the traditional aspect of birthdays even more. there is something soothing about the fact that if we are lucky enough, it will come every year. when i was younger i especially loved getting to choose our birthday dinner. lasagna for me; hands down...every time!




i would like to send a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend julie...we've shared many birthdays together and i hope we will share many more  oodles of blessings to you! happy new year :)

Comments

Post a Comment