13.1 x 12 (at least)

it's always funny when i realize how excited i get about something and exclaim that a future post will explain all the details...and then i never post anything. shame on me. not like anyone else notices but i do...and right now, i need accountability. because. i have. goals. yep. big ones. 

i need something to fend off this damn depression. my hope isn't to run away from it...but to run through it. my goal is to do a half marathon every month. this will be 12  (at least) of them (very complex mathematical equation, huh?) some will probably be run on my own, since i'm trying to be really budget conscious.
my goal is to report any training runs (assuming there are some) and have a few race reviews as they happen. today i will very likely be running my first ever half marathon on a treadmill since i won't finish at the gym until 7...it will be too dark to run outside. so, i might actually head to a globo gym. crazy! but i need to do it. 
i figure even if this one takes me a lot longer than others i have done in the past (and there is a VERY good chance it will) since i haven't been running since christmas, it will help ward off a little depression. i would much rather punch the depression in the face, but violence, i have been told, is not the answer. 
so...instead i will run...
my ultimate goal for a half this year is to finish in 1:45 or under. that would be an 8 minute improvement on my previous pr, which was 10 minutes faster than the half i did in july. 
so...there you have it. the february half will probably be the Heart Breaker Half in portland on feb 20th. 

Comments