the 'key' to key-ping money in your pocket

it's a pretty simple rule...


don't lock your keys in your car.


last night i spent $60 that was intended for other parts of my budget...but instead i robbed peter to pay paul...just so i could get my keys, which were safely nestled in my trunk. i had clocked out for the day and had to get to the gym to teach a class. my gym bag was in my trunk...i grabbed it and slam dunked my trunk shut

and the minute it shut i KNEW that something wasn't right. where were those jingly jangly things that i need to drive my car?

yep...the silence was deafening.
i could only hear my heart nearly beating out of my chest...
knowing you will have to spend a ton of money on something that, aside from the waiting for the guy to get there, takes only a matter of SECONDS...is just maddening. and all of that anxiety and frustration built up and i almost broke down emotionally and was on the verge of a temper tantrum.
while i realize it could be worse, the tears slowly trickled down my face like a staggered balloon release...water balloons

some wise people have informed me that i need to get triple A or look into my insurance, maybe they cover those services...and i agree.
but more importantly, it's time to re-focus. i've been scattered lately and it's starting to add up...literally. i think this is just an expensive reminder to slow down a bit...

Comments

  1. Ooo, that really sucks. At least the guy was able to get your car open. Remember that guy from the gym with the BMW last year? That was an extra sucky situation.
    Fortunately for me the one time I locked my keys in the car it was just a phone call and an hour wait for my sister to bring me the extra keys. Not expensive, but I definitely learned to be more careful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment