haribo-it's the only way to go

so i don't eat a ton of candy, but when i do...it usually involves gummy bears. but not just any ol' gummies. nope; i'm picky...only haribo.
what i did in high school (before finding out about haribo amazingness) was take the cheap G bears you can find at a gas station and put 'em in the freezer.
some people like them all mushy and squishy. not me. i like them almost rock hard.
my friend and i went to a movie recently. i bought some golden packaged haribos to snack on.total impulse purchase. slightly out of character for me; oh well.
what always makes me laugh is that i get all excited about the gummies but then open the pack, eat a few, before it hits me that they are squishy.

so...i put the bag back into my purse; leave it ripped open. at "home" i then put them in a non sealed ziploc.
last night i remembered this and reached my hand in to sample a few.

just like a fine wine that has to sit before reaching its full potential...the bears had hardened to perfection.the right amount of tough and soft.

and though my teeth hurt and the sugar high is crashing...for a moment, it was pure bliss

Comments

  1. 3 lbs? That's a great deal of gummi bears. You had best take it easy on those my dear. As good as they might be they are certainly loaded with unnecessary sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gordon...please tell me you know me better than that. I didn't eat 3 lbs!!! this was for image purposes only. Ha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment