i heart jimmy johns

ramen noodles get a lot of press regarding being a dietary 'staple' for college kids across the country. but not this press release. i have posted before about my love for popcorn. but i have not yet posted about my love for jimmy johns. oh how i heart thee...
i'm fairly certain i was their #1 customer from 1999-2003. no joke. my favorite was the veggie, add extra cheese, onion, mustard, sprouts, and no mayo (what was i thinking??? they use the real stuff that is super delicious) maybe it's that my taste buds have finally matured given that i'm 30 and all.

anyway, i became a customer because i knew a guy who worked there. he would hook us up after a night out at the watering hole. but even after he was no longer employed there, i still managed to act as though he was.
i went there...A LOT.
given that i worked really close to the joint, it was easy to get to. plus they DELIVER. anyone who has lived in iowa for a winter knows...this is a service that surpasses any competition. subway eat your heart out!
so...i would call and request that my sandwich be delivered--even though it was less than 10 blocks away. i'm telling you...the winters are brutal!!! not sure what my excuses were during the summer, fall, or spring. what's most hilarious is that they quickly knew me by name and posted a note on the wall with emilee's own special order. this is customer service at it's best.

so i moved away...and no longer had access to JJ's. everytime i came back i would kindly demand (ha ha) that we eat there. even if no one else wanted to...i ate solo.
eventually i started to wonder why they didn't have one out here. i mean, if pocatello, idaho can have one...we surely should be able to. this is a college town for goodness sake. so i would email jimmy's and say, please come out there. one girl named amy, i believe, emailed me back and said that my email had made her laugh...and that they would make note of my request. she also mentioned that i could franchise one if interested. i said sure, if JJ"s would like to finance it. ha ha!
so i recently went to seattle and had the opportunity to go to a JJ's....and it sent me spinning...what? why don't we have one.
yes, a total temper tantrum. i blame the gluten, but who knows ;)
so i again email jimmy's; only this time the person who responds informs me that there are 3 JJ"s in the greater portland area. WHAT? i had NO clue!
score....

and then, as if the gods finally stopped thinking i was crazy...i left my gym and headed to the starbucks near my office...
out of the corner of my eye i saw a sign. it was red and black and..."i just knew
my neck turned just in time to confirm that it was in fact a sign that said:

JIMMY JOHN'S coming soon!

OMG (as all the cool kids say these days)

i am now stalking them every morning when i get my coffee to see what their definition of "soon" is...because i'm telling you...it's just not soon enough!

**photos to follow  :)

Comments

  1. Congrats! It's a Jimmy John's! All that lobbying paid off!! Of course even lowly Poky has one so... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment