the color purple

I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.... People think pleasing God is all God care about.  But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back. 
 ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple, 1982



i am not sure that it pisses God off, but i do believe that we often pass by the most simple things and take it for granted.
my sister in law, my niece, and myself were all at target recently and as we were leaving passed by an abandoned cart. my sister in law noticed that there was a little bird sitting inside... and instead of passing right by--in the common state of hurry our society seems to be in...she stopped and showed her daughter. we all just stood there and stared...and verbena was able to take it in.
i was reminded what a simple pleasure it is to relax and chill out--stop and "smell the roses" or watch the leaves as they parachute from the branches and dance through the air before landing on the ground.

Comments

  1. Reminds me of a time when I was wandering around in Portland with some friends and I stopped to smell some flowers. They were totally thrown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment