slappy cakes

slappy cakes = yummy in my tummy


if you are looking for a fun place to eat in portland, go and check out slappy cakes
each booth has it's own griddle so you can make pancakes at your table.
there are 3 or so batter options, one of which is gluten free. it seemed pretty pricey considering the container wasn't very big but we were able to make 4 (mine was pretty small)
the fun part was picking out the toppings. we chose blueberries, butterscotch chips, and walnuts. we also requested butter that tasted like heaven. i loved the syrup choices. there was a standard maple and one that resembled the flavor of sweet and sour which helped offset the SUPER sweet butterscotch. my preference is peanut butter chips....but since i have NO self control when it comes to them, i 'just say no'
to wash this all down i ordered a standard mimosa. my friend ordered a pomegranate one, which didn't look good but hey, i wasn't drinking it. they were served in a really fun shaped glass. i'm on a mission to find glasses like this (not really, but it would be fun to stumble upon some)
i do like pancakes but until they offer bacon and roasted garlic as toppings, i tend to need a bit of savory flavor. so...i chose the eggs benedict. and for the life of me i cannot remember the name of this item, but i have NOT forgotten about how awesome it tasted. there was a paste of roasted garlic on each muffin and then there was spinach and maybe bacon, plus hollandaise sauce. i'm tellin' ya--you'd be a fool not to get this if you do in fact, go. which you should because you don't want to be a fool....twice!
total bill was about $36, which wasn't bad since i had twin mimosas :)
check it out! it's worth the experience.

Comments

  1. That sounds pretty cool and I love pancakes, even though I shouldn't eat them, even gluten free ones. But I do eat them from time to time so the next time I come visit you will have to take me. No peanut butter for me though, I'm allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would die if I was allergic to peanut butter...although it might be a good thing since it would keep me from eating it!
    Yeah, next time you are in town we will go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment