just say boo to the flu

who gets the stomach flu 5 days before the event she is planning? apparently i do. my immune system is normally made of steel, but with everything that has been going on... i have felt it being compromised for some time. well, lo and behold, i was at a birthday party for my friend's little girl. her first and it was a luau. super fun. unfortunately there was an uninvited guest amongst the group...the stomach bug.
my friend told me that at least 10 other people that were at the party are experiencing the same thing. that is just alarming to me...how fast something can spread.
at any rate, i was certain that i was invincible...until this morning when what i thought were nerves turned into aches and pains and chills. i sat at my desk in disbelief. how is this possible? i don't have time for this. i still have to do the final cleaning at my old place. and i'm supposed to head to my new place tomorrow.
right now there is not a lot of mental clarity happening in this brain of mine...i still need to secure a cupcake donation, call Costco and see if they will provide some gift cards, figure out how to create balloon towers since the balloon place didn't respond to my request. i also have to submit a site map and figure out if we can get access to some power for the sound system.
please know these are not complaints. i whole heartedly signed up for the task...i just feel helpless sort of...it's that "be patient" game that i am terrible at. need i mention broken foot gate?
so if you are reading this...and have any feel better thoughts you can spare, please send them my way. it's my personal request for donations. i appreciate every bit.
alright, i have to go lay down again...my energy timer is about to expire and i'm afraid i won't be able to make it back to the couch if i don't get going...

Comments

  1. healing thoughts and energy coming your way :)
    i hope that you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment