trader joe's dark chocolate almonds

so delicious it's ridiculous


some of you may remember how much i love trader joe's sesame honey covered almonds...well, let me introduce you to their new best friends! my sister in law had purchased some dark chocolate covered almonds for my niece's baptism.
during one of my many trips to portland i stopped by tj's to pick a few things up and remembered the almonds. thought they would make a great treat for the weekend. 
a friendly staff member asked if i was finding everything ok  (clearly i wasn't) "not really...do you happen to know where these almonds would be?"
he starts to direct me towards them and suddenly stops."hey, have you ever tried the dark chocolate with sea salt almonds?"
"OMG no, i haven't!" his smile was almost mischievous..."wanna try them" he asked? i looked him directly in the eyes and said "YES"
out came his box cutter.  he opened the plastic wrapping. reaching my hand in...i made eye contact again. he was now grinning from ear to ear.  the taste was amazing! honestly it's a delightful combo. i'm not a huge fan of super sweet so there is just enough  turbinado sugar mixed with sea salt atop a nice coating of dark chocolate to give you a combo that hits every major taste bud.
"so what do you think" he asked... i just kept chewing. 'nuf said.
he then saw my favorite honey sesame coated almonds in my basket. he looked down and then back at me again...."have you tried the sesame honey coated cashews?"
"no"
he smiled again "they are even better" he exclaims!
i smiled back and wondered if this tj employee knew that he was my new best friend. ha ha!

go and get yourself some of these almonds. mix it up and grab a bag of the sesame honey almonds or cashews too...and please be sure to invite me over when you get back from the store :)


Comments