should i stay or should i go?

the house across from my brother, biz, and baby bean went up for rent. it has a wonderful backyard...and 3 rooms with a nice kitchen and the laundry room conveniently located nearby. the owner of the property is personable and has a great energy to him. he is left handed too. larry said that his first tenants lived there for 14 years! that is a really long time! i'm thinking that they must have really enjoyed the house.
the main problem isn't rent...it is the down payment. first month, last month, and a security deposit. yikes! oh and i still have my job in eugene...plus that is where my gym is...the gym that i love. but those are just details, right? i don't know if portland is the best fit for me...but i have been craving family. family dinners and little get togethers. i have been desiring a house with a backyard that could hold guests as well (plus host wafflepalooza **details to come). i also know this area super well.
i have to turn in the application today and i'm just not sure how to proceed. i have looked for places in eugene for 2 months now and haven't found anything. my job, though it's going better than it has been just isn't satisfying my creative tooth, and as much as i love eugene, being 30 and single just seems to be the minority...i trust that you sometimes have to take a leap but i also know that it isn't easy...
but it's not easy feeling stagnant either.

Comments

  1. Sometimes it takes a risk to move out of frustration. I don't want to see you go, but your situation seems an awful lot like mine lately. It doesn't hurt to turn in an application. If they say yes, then you have a decision...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foxygen makes the same good point I was going to make, plus if you moved to Portland you would be one more person I could sponge off of when I visit there. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment