a piece of 2004

i have been finding writings written long ago...it's been interesting re-reading them...having come so far...yet it almost seems like i was more creative back then...this of course, is not the case. my creativity is just different...i'm in a more positive place now. while the past is over and i don't care to dwell...it would be great to travel back to 2004--just so i could give me a hug


please sit beside me in my shadow of love. you know i want the world for you but i'm barely hanging on. my desire to be all that you need is contagious, but my ability to rationalize has been lost. i feel a bit in despair, questionably more than i can bare...
for all the pain i've caused that can't be repaired... i apologize tenfold.
i would ask you to dance but i can't match the rhythm. so instead i sit on clouds of gold. as the music plays-- its notes form a glittery snowstorm of melodies. each note arrives upon my ear like a bee on a blossom.
your voice is the music, which sounds like the moment when time meets the future and the present becomes the past.
like sweet nectar-you my loving hummingbird. landing so delicately upon my heart, with wings like whispers so bold.
our kisses are the intricate interlacing of two souls. a snapshot of what could be. eternity bound. 
from here on out my compass contains only you. no more blindfolds of pain; instead sun rays of trust upon my face. 
and your hand in mine...like amazing grace.

-me
2004

Comments