see ya later broken foot gator

 
i can't believe i haven't shared the good news...this was a picture taken exactly one week after i broke my foot. i was supposed to be competing at sectionals but instead i was cheering everyone on...losing my voice. it was hard not to get down but i
couldn't have been more proud of our athletes and was totally inspired by their efforts. i told myself...when my foot heals, i will remember this feeling and how badly i want to compete...to prove that i can...
having an injury brings forth soo many emotions. suddenly, one of my coping mechanisms was compromised, so i resorted to older vices...which are not healthy...and since healthy is something i strive for--i often felt like a giant contradiction.
the roller coaster of up and down...the wonderful support of friends and family...the deep desire to get back to the gym, yet completely intimidated by my own lack of stamina...
i've managed to do more than the dr. recommended throughout the last few months--but i have managed to avoid the gym for the last 2 months as well. and i can tell...
but as my better feeling story reads:
i went to the dr on monday---wearing a small heel. everyone cheered and exclaimed "the heel" test!!! 
well, of course i thought, i went for an accidental 10 mile hike after she told me to start out with 10 minute walking increments to see how the foot felt without the boot...
the best part of the appointment was seeing my x-ray. to the untrained eye, one would never have known i broke my foot...and luckily no where on the x-ray does it say HOW i broke it. ha ha!
she was uber impressed with my progress. it had been nearly 3 months to the day. i asked if i could start lifting and she said...yes, but ease into it...
i smiled. she has obviously never done crossfit. 
now i just need to get my head back in the game and not lose sight of my goals and what i'm capable of...i have a long way to go in regards to getting my strength and endurance back...but tonight, i just feel soo blessed to be healthy and spiral fracture-less!!!

Comments

  1. YES!!! Congrats!!! Get back to it!!! I'm excited for you to get back to your routine. It will help so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with how nice your toes look in that cast, but I'm sure they look nice without the cast too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment