5k sponsorship

i've posted before about the 5k i am planning and asked for any input people may have as to how to go about creating a successful event. unfortunately i think only 4 people read my blog and i appreciate each and every one of you...but i am nearly 2 months away from the event and i'm starting to stress a bit.

so i'm throwing a post out into the universe in hopes that it will help ease my anxiety and/or that someone might have suggestions or ideas. time is running out...
ultimately i would love to have all registration handled online but the research i've done has informed me this would be really expensive. expensive is not the name of the game.
i'm becoming more and more ok with the idea of registration being done in person or people sending in checks...this is not ideal but it's a start.
i'm waiting for the registration details to be sorted out before posting the event on Facebook...but i want people to be marking their calendars for 8/7/10. i want A LOT of people there!!
next is sponsors. i am not sure how much the event is going to cost so i don't know how much we need...but i know we will need some money...
so...if any of you have ideas as to how to go about this...PLEASE let me know.
my better feeling story involves a 5k that is successful and fun-that brings awareness to a community...not to mention an event that honors the life of a sweet baby boy who in his 50 short days here on earth changed the lives of many!

Comments

  1. Bill and I would love to contribute to your 5K fund. Could you let me know the date of the blog you mentioned it in so that I could learn more? I do read your blog (and am disappointed when there isn't a new post), but can't remember anything about your 5 K. I must be losing it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment