wishful and hopeful

"fill up your mind with all it can know
don't forget that your body will let it all go
fill up your mind with all it can know
what would we be without wishful thinking"
what would we be? idle dreamers or guided seekers?
i struggle with being retroactive with my wishful thinking...wishing that
teleportation would rewind me to years ago. where i could heal my hurt before it hurt others. i would become friends with little me and take better care of her
i'd invent words so that my vocabulary would feel fresh and new...
i would have spoken more kindly to myself and nurtured the small seedling dreams
but sometimes the only thing we can do is take an experience and all that we learned from it...and accept that some wishes become void while others evolve into hope
hope is my way of attempting to go forward when I can no longer go backward.
i hope that the hurts i caused have been healed, i hope my inner child can regain her imagination and ability to express it. i hope to accept that i was born with a certain level of intelligence but that i can always- always- always learn; learn things like appreciating that words do not have to be big to be understood.
the wishes that do remain seem more child like...and i love that.
not everything has to grow up...
i wish for sprinklers to run though in the sun
and diamonds to adorn the sky as the moon follows me home
travels and true love and self love and playing ring around the rosy with my nieces and nephews.a new career arriving in the mail and tickets for a trip around the world
my grandma brent told me not to wish my life away...i agree. solely wishing seems empty.
but wishful 'believing' seems like an optimal combo
our dreams are birds that only take flight when we believe...
i've lived like this for far too long-semi flightless...i have wished for things big and small; these wishes look like paintings that are displayed in the museum of my mind. and though all are appreciated and valued, there are some that evoke raw emotion from within.
i consider this emotional response to be a moment of yes.
but with the quickness of a sneaker wave, fear and doubt can corner me into a state of disbelief
but if it felt that good, why wouldn't i believe that it would actually BE that good?
our emotions are our indicators. they are natural, inherent, and gifts...even when they feel bad...they tell us something
many times i've wished to become numb...wanting the pain or heartache or anger to go away...looking back, that would be like sticking me in the middle of a giant forest with no compass, map, or anything resembling survival...of course, i would never wish for that
so perhaps today i will start wishing to believe in my emotions and respect why they are here...and how they can guide me...learn to respect that pain doesn't always have to feel bad...just as happiness can't always rid you of sorrow...
let yourself feel…and heed those moments of yes. Yes. Yes.

Comments

  1. Emilee...you touched my heart. Sometimes in our lives we're lifted above the chaos of this world. For a time we believe we've finally found the key to happiness. Though invariably we're confronted with some crisis that we give more power to than we do the truth.

    Laughter, tears, hope and despair. Success, failure, accolades, humiliation and change, change, change. I too often wish we didn't have to hurt so much while we go through these changes, changes that take us back to the simple truth that life is a journey, not a destination.

    Traveling life's road, we learn and grow; it's each experience along the way that gives our lives meaning and dimension. Each event is an important part of the chronology of teachings that help strengthen us to reach higher ground.
    Keep pressing forward.

    Life is a process, a working it out experience. There's so much to know and so little time to learn it. Life is change, movement. It's the nature of the universe. Keep the flame of life alive in your heart...that love of life is your source, your strength. Never lose sight of who you are.....beautiful Emilee :)

    Rindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment