it happened...

i fell down the stairs yesterday.
let's play this in reverse.
there i sat at the bottom of the stairs. giant space boot in my right hand, left wrist sore.
my tailbone was super tender and broken foot was a little achey.
i was scrupulously walking down the stairs carrying the boot and wearing just a sock on broken foot. normal foot was wearing a slip on shoe. everything seemed good to go.
problem being when you don't have mr. boot on, especially when you don't have mr. boot on, you rely solely on your normal foot. well, when normal foot slips from beneath you, you have .1 seconds to think of a game plan.
i didn't have one...and i'm a pretty quick thinker.
so there i was...ass sliding down the stairs.
before that i had just taken a shower. feeling very fresh and clean i realized i would need a new sock to go on broken foot before i stuck it in its cocoon. clean sock was downstairs. it seemed like too much effort to put boot on just to have to take it off when i got downstairs. so i told myself to be VERY careful and walk cautiously down, step by step. and i did...
apparently my shoe was slick while the carpet provided the slide. like oil and water. you know, the two that are notorious for not mixing?
the end result...complete and utter shock.
had anyone else been in the house they wouldn't have heard me make a peep. not sure if this is because i don't know "how" to respond-as if there is a "certain" sound to make when you fall down the stairs.
but one's reaction to an event often seems like an S.O.S. code...i want to make sure my reaction fits the occasion. silence seemed suitable...given i really didn't know what just happened. i mean...i knew...but didn't fully know.
(what's interesting funny is you'd think that my arm had been cut off when a guy breaks up with me...i cry more, feel awful, and if there was a prescription to medicate mend  a heartache, i would hands down, no question about it, take it)
i hardly took anything for my broken foot. took my pain meds once and some tylenol here and there since-- but mainly because the rest of my body is irritated given that it has to compensate for broken foot. this takes its toll on hips, back, heel, and neck... like accomplices to Broken Foot Gate...they all do the time!
aside from consuming a few too many drinks, migraines are one of the few instances when i will take something. those things are gnarly. i've been gettng them since i was in 7th grade. they show up less frequently now but man alive...they do to me what a volcanic explosion in iceland does to the aviation industry...grounds me! i'm out to lunch for hours.
fortunately this tumble didn't result in another space boot or any newly broken bones...
fairly certain that would have made my upcoming trip to mexico no bueno.

Comments

  1. Heh, heh, heh... You are so funny Emilee. I'm glad you are okay. When I started reading this I was thinking to myself, "Hey, she didn't mention anything of the sort when we were talking earlier!" but I guess since you didn't really get hurt it's not a big deal.
    House sitting again?
    I hope you have fun in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're OK :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment