the best find at trader joe's

ok, so i house sit...a lot. and when i do, there is usually a note that includes instructions on what to feed the dog, what treats to give them, what day the trash is picked up and so forth...
the note also tells me to "help yourself to the contents of the cupboards or fridge"
though i am a fairly picky eater i often find at least one item to try that i otherwise would not have...because i wouldn't even think to buy it...you know?
well, one of the houses had a bag (already open) of these sesame honey almonds from trader joe's. i love almonds, sesame seeds, and honey....so i thought...hmmm, maybe i should give these a try.
OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! i must admit, i didn't even know what to expect...although i think any expectations would have been completely surpassed. such a wonderful combo!!! 
i promised myself i would only eat a few...but that was BEFORE i ate one.
one became another and then another. i even snuck a few into my breakfast and before you know it the bag was empty. it was the damndest thing!
so, i went to trader joe's before leaving for mexico....looking for some snacks to take along.
my boot and i waltzed around the store finding a few items that sounded good. the last aisle i walked down shelved a very large assortment of nuts. while looking for some walnuts i spotted an item that mentioned almonds, sesame, and honey and then it hit me...well, not literally, but flashbacks of my time house sitting....eating these delicious bits of amazing!!! flooded my mind.
admittedly i was a bit anxious to get them...because i knew that i would eat them all and more than likely during my 2 hour drive to portland....
but i bought them and managed to keep them unopened until i got in the car....yeah, call me captain willpower!
so...the next time you are at trader joe's be sure to pick a bag or two or three...actually, i think i'm going to head there now...ha ha!

Comments

  1. LOL! Thanks for sharing them with me EM. I'm surprised any of em made it to mexico! CAPTAIN WILLPOWER indeed! :)
    -CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the spicy almonds from there - they are delicious! And I got this trail mix with almonds, cashews, and dried cranberries that I SWEAR tastes like potato chips (I think it's the canola oil).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww... Trailmix that tastes like potato chips is a very bad thing. Trailmix = healthy = expensive. Potato chips = unhealthy = cheap.
    Ahh, Emilee, always so amusing. The almonds stayed unopened until you got to the car, eh? Did they survive the trip to Portland? Did any of them get to visit Mexico?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment