stinky casts


ok. after 3 weeks or twenty one days of having my cast on, it was removed today. with a saw. he said that the blade seemed a bit dull but not to worry because it would stop regardless when it hit the cotton. hmmm...but i figured since my foot was already broken what harm could a saw do? yikes.
so anyway, he saws a giant slice down one side. then a shorter cut from my ankle towards my toes so it looked like an L. he had to go over it a few times and then repeated the same motions on the other side. next he took a pair of casting room pliers and pryed the two pieces apart. like clockwork he and his scissors cut  thru the cotton. there it was. my leg. it was nice to be reintroduced but boy was it hairy.  alarmingly hairy actually. i have never gone that long without shaving and there is a very good reason. see, a lot of people think that there are actual sasquatch in oregon. even i think there might be such creatures roaming the earth, but i do not want to be mistaken for one.
 i was prepared for insane hair growth over 21 days but must confess, i never thought about my foot odor.
  if i were totally immature, my expression would have gone something like this...OMG like that is totally disgusto and i like totally want to barf in my mouth. gross. like ick. 
hmmm, maybe that was what i actually said? probably not, but honestly don't know. it was soo gross that i could barely concentrate on anything else. kirk the casting guy was there again.  he saw me and said..."gee, i suddenly have the urge to dance" i started laughing. thanks kirk. glad i was that memorable. 
little did he know that his sarcasm was about to meet the smell of my foot. i even apologized. he said, it's just the nature of the beast. 
 how properly worded. 
see casts supposedly don't have to stink, but i have lived out the reality that they sometimes do. 
it's the nature of the cast beast i guess.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on losing the cast! Any pain still? When can you resume your normal athletic schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. There is still pain. I will be in an air cast for the next 4 weeks. Probably no running until June.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment