'break' dance

1566 The Wedding Dance by Pieter Brueghel the Elder

can you believe this is a painting depicting a wedding dance back in 1566? aside from the attire (unless you are at a theme wedding) not much has changed. let's be honest. weddings can get chaotic.

granted things look really elegant.
tables are usually adorned with fabric and shiny utensils.
 a good meal is served

drinks are poured

and the cake is cut


the first dance
is like the olympic torch entering the arena...it signifies the start of the wedding dance...and
the dance is what it's all about, right?

the dj and live band take turns entertaining those in attendance. the music stretches across all genres.
the slow,the fast, and the fractured foot!?!


it was harmless. (sort of) people were cuttin' the rug and gettin' jiggy with it
i was probably looking a little like this

wishing i had her grace

and her face

 dancing in true emilee fashion...full of passion. (wow, i'm a rhymer today)
when out of the corner of my eye i saw --something--someone rather, approaching me--fast!...i had no time to get out of his way...and there i went, flying across the dance floor.
maybe nelly furtado is showing up for a reason... i'm like a bird? i wanna fly away? across a dance floor....
i was humiliated, but like a good miss america pageant contestant would do...i got right back up, acting like nothing had happened. the foot didn't feel great but the adrenaline was rushing taming the pain. i laughed it off...
everyone was trying to dust me off but i said i had it under control...
until i was pushed to the middle of a giant circle. you know the kind where everyone volunteers someone else. yeah, well, my volunteer skills were put to use and like a pro, i danced my heart away...for .5 seconds. i mistakenly put  weight on the foot...and there i landed...on the floor...again.
only this time when i got up...there was no adrenaline to hide the pain. and something definitely was not right.
i hobbled to the side and plopped down on the chair. the night was toast.
an ice pack quickly arrived...and so did the tears.
that's when someone ordered me a shot...which i later found out was a double.
i really should send a thank you!

Comments

  1. I understand more now. I hope it helps to talk about it. Really cute picture sequence - very creative. Take care of yourself. What can you do to make this cast time more pleasant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading!
    Sleep was the first that came to my mind...but I suppose that is part of the sadness talking. I just need to eat right, find workouts that I can still do, and the main thing...work on the 5k I am planning. This will give me time to organize it. It will be here before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I didn't know the story. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment