birthday cake

Wow!
It's officially my 30th birthday.
I will post more details but for now...I'm talking about birthday cake....
Honestly, cake isn't something I covet. Although I do love shows like Cake Boss and the Food Network's cake design challenges. More than likely it's the creative aspect that entices me. Once, in college, using only sheet cakes and a knife, I created an elephant. No template or anything...just went for it. It turned out super cool. I dipped into the frosting like an artist would dip into paint...spreading it over my masterpiece...it came to life.

But on my birthday...I do eat cake. Growing up it was usually angel food cake with ice cream. But I started working at Dairy Queen during high school; that's when my preference switched to the delicious num num yumminess of their ice cream cakes. Honestly, I LOVE them!
The great thing is, you can opt for the original/traditional vanilla ice cream with the crunchy fudge middle...or you can have a flavor created for you. I've had peanut butter cup, snicker, and mint oreo....
Hello! Is your mouth not watering? Mine sure is...and though my goal is to not over indulge...I won't hold my breath. I mean, this is my own personal Holiday ladies and gentlemen...and while I may have to be at work...you had better believe I'm going back for seconds!

Comments