confession


i want people to read my blog.

but i'm not sure that they actually do.

i know that a few friends and family members might...out of obligation...maybe?

so...while i believe blogging should be for myself...it's the interactive part that makes it cool. i see some blogs where complete strangers (like myself) leave comment after comment (one post had 50+ comments)
the topic: silly things kids say---i don't even have kids!
there was the other time i stumbled on a blog about health and barely managed to pull myself away before the sun came up...

the thing is, i like to write, but often fear i'm not good enough--and that just seems silly.
if i like to do it, i should.
the highway between my mind and the keyboard has been under construction for some time now....so i often sit, just staring at a blank screen with ideas swarming like bees inside my mind. it's frustrating.

having something to write about weekly, if not daily, is the project i'm needing so that i have to do it...hopefully stopping the ebb...and starting the flow.

my dear friend sarah was kind enough to comment regarding possible projects or ideas...
and they were great suggestions. (thanks Sarah!)

and yet i still don't have a project.
i don't want to justify my lack of follow thru. the truth is, i let my fear of creating a blog that no one reads get in the way with my ultimate goal...to use a blog as an outlet for all the random emotions, images, thoughts, and stories i have...

it seems a bit selfish to write only if people read it and/or comment...
and fear seems like something i need to get over...heck, i'm 30 now...time to grow up! ha ha!

Comments

  1. I love your blog! And you should use it as a journal (you know - the kind we used to write in as little girls - only online) to express yourself and your amazing creativity with words and art. You are so talented! Don't second guess yourself. Just be you... you're beautiful. :) -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just clicked the follow link, and I will now follow your blog. I even see my little picture right next to this window! I'll even comment on your blog! I like it when people have more than 140 characters to say!

    I tried to keep a random blog, but then I felt like I had to think of all these interesting things to say. Then I realized that I'm not as interesting as I thought I was. Then I started Crossfit. Instant topics! There's a new one each week!

    Blogs can be tough, but I sure do respect someone who can continue to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew you were a blogger. I don't write much myself, but when I have time I'll have to see what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment